Would you like to work in a dynamic and fun organisation?
We are looking for somebody to join our team who is respectful, caring and honest and who is able to work as part of a team. We are seeking somebody who would be available to work a minimum of 33 hours per week, including days, nights and weekends. Each shift at Thorpe House is 12 hours.
‘Our vision is to be recognised by our service users, employees and stakeholders as the best provider of mental health services nationally; where people can live, laugh and learn within an environment of choice’
About Thorpe House Specialist Adult Mental Health Unit
Thorpe House does not currently offer visa sponsorships.
This is an exciting opportunity for an RMN to join our dynamic team at Thorpe House, a highly respected and specialised home to support adults with mental health conditions. Thorpe House provides 24 hour holistic care to individuals aged 18 or over who are experiencing enduring mental health problems within a homely environment. The position of RMN is a leadership role, providing support to our service users via a client centred philosophy care package, & directing a team of Nursing Assistants in provision of support and care to our service users in a dignified and respectful manner that recognises their individuality. Thorpe House strives to support the rehabilitation of service users to promote their dignity through developing their skills and autonomy. To support this, Thorpe House has a number of self-contained rooms which include kitchen facilities, a lounge area and en-suite facilities. We have 2 full time Occupational Therapists working alongside keyworkers and with clients on an individual basis, setting goals both long and short term to improve or maintain skills, engage in meaningful occupations, promote independence and quality of life in activities of daily living.
What Does The Role Involve?
· Displaying appropriate leadership skills with organisation and delegation of care.
· Organising work shifts to ensure that all resident’s planned care is administered.
· Supervising junior staff to ensure that they carry out delegated care in a professional manner and providing training, advice & support to junior staff to maintain high standards of care.
· Formulating a programme of care which identifies needs, goals & interventions in accordance with the nursing model.
· Liaising with other professionals involved in a resident’s care.
· Safely administering medication.
· Ensuring that resident’s retain individuality & personal dignity.
· When required, assisting with the referral of new clients including attending pre-admission meetings, organising of pre-admission stays & completing the admission procedure.
· Displaying effective communication skills both verbally with residents, colleagues, health professionals & relatives / friends of residents and through written reports.
· Attending staff meetings where possible.
· Undertaking appropriate training to maintain & increase knowledge base and develop skills.
· Being accountable for your own actions & arising consequences.
· Maintaining confidentiality.
· Contributing to the work environment via new ideas & research based innovations to improve care standards.
The Benefits to Employees
· Provision of a thorough induction
· Annual training provided internally by Thorpe House that will contribute to professional development & revalidation requirements, staff paid for all hours spent attending training
· External training organised by Thorpe House is funded by Thorpe House
· NEST pension scheme with employer contributions
· Free parking available on site
· Regular supervision sessions and ongoing training
· 7 Weeks Annual Leave
· Free Enhanced DBS (CRB) renewal every three years
· Staff break facilities provided on site
· RMN Pin Fee Reimbursement
Requirements of the RMN
Thorpe House expects that RMNs have a valid and up-to-date RMN Pin Number at all times and have a legal right to reside and work in the UK without restriction. Staff must have a desire to provide a professional standard of care that identifies and reflects the resident’s needs, the ability to support and nurture in accordance to codes of professional conduct and other legislation that applies to nursing those mental health problems and a willingness to comply with Thorpe House philosophy, policies and procedures.
Salary: From £19.84 per hour
Interviews will take place in a COVID-19 secure environment.
The position of RMN is a leadership role, providing support to our service users via a client centred philosophy care package, & directing a team of Nursing Assistants in provision of support and care...